THE STAND OUT BUSINESS – 4 STEPS TO SEPARATE YOUR BUSINESS FROM THE PACK
Sunday, January 21 | 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
NESPA/ APSP Member: $225
Non – Member: $275
Knowing what sets your company apart and acting on that distinction is what separates the top producing companies from the average performers. By investing time into discovering your business’s Stand Out Factor and committing to delivering on that difference every day, and in every way, you will unlock your company’s true potential.
Join pool & spa business experts and business coaches, Jay Forte and Guy Gruenberg, for this half-day program where they will take you through the 4 steps to uncovering your business’s unique formula for long term success – your Stand Out Factor.
You will be guided, encouraged and coached to discover and develop your unique differentiation advantage – to clearly articulate it, and then to learn the best practices to provide the service experience, create the employee team and run the operations that support your Stand Out Factor.
First time offered anywhere! Bring your leadership team for this great opportunity to collaborate on crafting and developing an implementation plan for your stand out factor
YOUR BUSINESS ROADMAP:
HOW TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS IN 2018
Monday, January 22 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
NESPA/ APSP Member: $350 | Non – Member: $395
Get ready to give your company an edge over your competition! Tired of being reactive instead of proactive? Feel like you are missing opportunities and struggling to get your employees on the right track? That’s where your Business Roadmap comes in! Join pool & spa business experts, Jay Forte and Guy Gruenberg, for this full-day program and you’ll walk away with an actionable plan for success in 2018. You will be guided, encouraged and coached to develop your own unique Business Roadmap.
Learn practical ways to achieve success in 2018 and beyond including
- How to capture the power of mindfulness to identify more opportunities for you and your business.
- How to step-by-step build your 2018 Business Roadmap– including identifying your differentiation advantage
- How to define and deliver an extraordinary service response that creates an advantage over your competition
- How to attract, hire, engage and retain A-level talent
- How to review, update and improve your sales process, marketing approach and overall business operations
- How to measure and manage your 2018 Business Roadmap through meaningful metrics, KPIs, financial statements and financial analysis.
Make your 2018 a successful, productive and high-performance year with a clear plan and roadmap to achieve your goals.
DIAGNOSING PLASTER FINISH PROBLEMS
Monday, January 22 | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
NESPA/ APSP Member: $375 | Non – Member: $450
Learn how to determine the causes and effects of many common cementitious surface phenomenon including discoloration issues, etching deterioration, staining, calcium nodules and scaling issues by gaining a deeper understanding of the microstructure of cementitious pool finishes. Presented by Greg Garrett, Director of Technical Services for the National Plasterers Council, this one day program will teach Builders, Renovators, Service Professionals and Plasterers the proper way to examine a cementitious surface and how to properly report inspection findings including a) observations; b) physical examination; c) water analysis of both tap and pool water; d) conclusions; and e) recommendations. This course will also review what equipment is essential for investigating a surface including water testing equipment, dental picks, diamond hand pads and other necessary tools.
Each student will receive the new NPC 8th Edition Technical Manual, the IPSSA Basic and Intermediate Training Manual, a course workbook along with other handouts. A $200 value!
FIRST TIME OFFERED IN THE NORTHEAST!
GENESIS CONSTRUCTION 202: REINFORCED CONCRETE POOLS
Monday, January 22 | 8:30 am – 5:30 pm | $1300 per student
This class combines two modules designed to improve your reinforced concrete structures. Starting with ENGINEERING 103: Structural Engineering, you will get the basics of loads, forces, and stresses and how to resist them with reinforced concrete. Students won’t become structural engineers but they will understand how it works so that construction details are understood and followed. Then CONSTRUCTION 233: ACI-Certified Shotcrete Nozzleman (Wet and/or Dry Process) Classroom Training will explain the basics of shotcrete and prepare students for potential examination to become an ACI-Certified Shotcrete Nozzleman. The first module is taught by renowned engineer, David Peterson, P.E., SWD Master and the second module is taught by the American Shotcrete Association’s Past President, Bill Drakeley, SWD Master.
- Define compression, tension, and shear forces, bending moments, live and dead loads.
- Describe reinforcing steel design, details, and installation.
- Examine code requirements of ACI 318, ACI 350, ACI 506, ASA, and the IBC.
- List shotcrete terminology and identify best practices for shotcrete preparation, equipment setup, and placement methods.
Don’t miss these other GENESIS University™ programs available as part of our Technical Sessions Pass.
- ENGINEERING 141: Submerged Lighting
- CONSTRUCTION 171: Project Profiles – An Interactive Discussion on Design and Construction