A Thread of Hope Guatemalan Fair Trade
Make your holiday shopping easy later this year! Beautiful and meaningful bamboo scarves hand-woven by a Guatemalan Mayan women’s weaving cooperative. Leave us your card/email address and save $25 on every 5 or $125 on every 20 scarves for staff and family gifts. You choose the colors in August, and you pay and we ship in November! Easy! These are boutique-quality handwoven scarves made from hand-dyed ecological bamboo yarn.
Valentine's Day is coming up! Birthdays too! Support indigenous artisans every time your purchase a gift!
For 18 years we have been working directly with indigenous artisans in Guatemala, building bridges across cultures. Eliza went to Guatemala after getting her social work degree, to learn Spanish, and fell in love with the country and its people. Ask about visiting Guatemala, Spanish language programs, consignment sales for fundraising, & sponsoring a child.
Come check out our beautiful well-made crafts from over 450 indigenous artisans in Guatemala!
We respect these Fair Trade principles:
(1) Create opportunities for economically & socially marginalized artisans, to alleviate poverty & promote sustainable development through long-term trading partnerships.
(2) Engage in relationships based on trust & mutual respect.
(3) Invest time & resources to help producers.
(4) Promote Fair Trade.
(5) Pay promptly & fairly. Ensure that producers earn a fair wage.
(6) Support safe & empowering working conditions free of discrimination & forced labor.
(7) Ensure the rights of children. Never use exploitative child labor.
(8) Respect cultural identity & traditions.
(9) Respect for the environment. (Check out our weavings made from sustainable bamboo!)
Brands: Beautiful & meaningful! Bamboo scarves, jewelry, worry dolls & more, handcrafted by Mayan artisans in Guatemala. Fair Trade. Office decor welcoming immigrants. Social-worker- and woman-owned.