How It Works: The SorbWeb™ Plus oil containment system is designed to allow water to pass freely through its "Smart Barrier." At the heart of the system is a smart geotextile known as "oilmat." If equipment failure leads to an oil spill, the oilmat congeals and seals the oil, preventing it from passing through.
In its passive state, the system allows water to move freely through the bottom "Smart Barrier" without accumulating. However, when hydrocarbons from mineral oil contact the "Smart Barrier," they undergo a physical change. This chemical change congeals and seals the oil inside the fabric, turning it into an impermeable membrane to protect the environment.
- Substation Transformers of all sizes, particularly large-size equipment
- Unstaffed substations and environmentally sensitive areas where an oil spill could cause significant damage
- Single or multiple above-ground storage tanks
- New or retrofitted substations with existing concrete containments
- Standard earthen berm perimeters
- Concrete walls
- Fiberglass or carbon fiber walls
- Jersey barriers
- Underground or above ground
- Bring us your challenge and we will work together to develop the right solution.
- Maintenance Free - the "smart" geotextile traps and locks in hydrocarbons on contact, allowing water to pass freely
- Flexible Design - designed for your specific application by certified professional engineers. Custom sizing and volume capacity depend on your requirements. The containment system can be extended or modified up to and during installation.
- Easy to Install - installed without interruption of service in either brownfield or greenfield applications. Our system comes complete with all materials required for assembly. It can be installed by your organization or by the professional Albarrie team.
- Fully Accessible by Vehicles - designed to handle maintenance vehicle loads.
- Addresses all soil types - can be installed in any soil condition. It is not intrusive to natural drainage.
- Budget-Friendly - compared to traditional and alternative oil containment systems, the Sorbweb Plus system is less expensive to install and maintain
- Environmentally Compliant - Meets EPA requirements of Secondary Containment for SPCC 40 CFR 112.7 and IEEE Std. 980
- Oilmat is manufactured from 100% virgin black fiber with excellent chemical resistance.
- Highest polymer loading in the industry with a minimum 2500 g/m² or 73.7 oz/yd².
- 1 sq. yd. (1m²) of the SAM absorbent layer absorbs up to 3.5 gallons (or 15 liters) of mineral oil.
- Designed to contain 110% of primary containment volume
Documentation: Albarrie stamps all IFC drawings. The final reports include stamped drawings, detailed volumetric containment, step-by-step documentation of the installation and an emergency preparedness guide.