Vehicles are allowed for display in the Grid Edge Exhibit Hall. All vehicles must be pre-approved and added to the official floorplans for fire marshal approval.
To display, please complete the following:
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include:
- Company Name
- Contact Name
- Booth #
- Vehicle Type
- Vehicle Dimensions
- Power Requirements (exhibitor is responsible for all charges)
- Due March 20
- Review and agree to follow all vehicle regulations, see below.
Tues., 11 April
3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Check-in with dock officer at west dock. Must have exhibiting name & vehicle location.
- Proceed to ramp at dock B.
San Diego Convention Center
111 Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
- Driver will follow Freeman’s direction for onsite placement.
- Insure all vehicle regulations are met (battery disconnected, gas cap taped/locked, etc.)
- Convention Center personnel will be on-site to ensure all regulations are followed.
Thurs., 14 April
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to show close.
- Show closes promptly at 3:00 PM.
- Be ready to remove vehicle from show floor as soon as possible.
- Freeman will direct traffic for vehicle departure.
Facility Rules for Vehicles & Mobile Units
All vehicles on display must meet Fire Marshal approval for display and location. Vehicles on display must adhere to the following rules.
- No more than one-quarter tank of gas or five gallons, whichever is less
- A locking gas cap or tape over the gas cap
- A drip pan under the vehicle’s drive train (motor to differential) Vehicles shall not be moved during show hours
- Refueling is prohibited in the facility, on the docks and outside premises
- Floor plans must indicate where vehicles are to be located
- Batteries shall be disconnected in an approved manner
- Electric vehicles must have their battery disconnected once placed in position. If unable to disconnect the battery due to battery location, then the ignition fuse must be removed. Electric vehicles are at no time allowed to be turned on during event hours.
- Electric vehicles must have their battery disconnected once placed in position. If unable to disconnect the battery due to battery location, then the ignition fuse must be removed or other approved methods to prevent the vehicle from accidentally or intentionally being moved while on display.
- Sufficient separation between vehicles on display must be created to prevent the spread of fire or other hazards to adjacent vehicles.
- Electric vehicles are at no time allowed to be turned on during event hours.
- No vehicle charging shall take place in the Halls.
- All necessary charging must take place in the loading dock area or other suitable locations outside the Halls.
Contact the Grid Edge Exhibits Team at email@example.com or call us (972) 521-9902.