There are many components when planning for a tradeshow (most of this information is available on our website), however the amount of information can be overwhelming for a first-time exhibitor. We recommend starting with the following:
- Review Schedule & Deadlines, Rules, Regs & Guidelines, and FAQs pages online.
- Freeman is Grid Edge Technologies' official service contractor. They are our partner and exclusive provider of rigging and material handling and the preferred provider for furniture rental, signage, labor, carpet, displays and audiovisual. The convention center is the exclusive provider for catering, electrical, and utilities. Full pricing and order forms are available in the Official Ordering Vendors section.
- Budgeting – be sure to include costs for travel, registrations (booth and personnel), booth design, show services (i.e., carpet, furniture, AV, electrical, etc.), shipping/transportation, marketing, giveaways, sponsorships, etc. Don’t forget a little extra for any unforeseen on-site needs. Review Budget Considerations for more info.
- Hotel reservations (note some hotels will sell out quickly).
- Don’t forget to register your Staff. Everyone will need a badge to access the show floor. More info click here.
- Check out the communications archive to view any exhibitor emails you may have missed.
- Think through any shipments to and from the show. Freeman will be on-site to deliver packages that were sent to the warehouse or direct to the convention center, but that will incur material handling costs. Consolidate shipments and allow time for delivery. Also confirm arrival dates are within the dates freight is accepted at the appropriate locations.
- Be sure to pad personnel and shipment arrivals/departures to allow for booth set-up and tear down schedules.
- COST SAVINGS NOTE – Shipping to the advance warehouse up to 30 days before move-in can save costs and ensures packages arrive in time for move-in.
- Keep a log of all confirmations and shipments with tracking numbers, etc. to reference on-site quickly.
- Complete a Material Handling Agreement (MHA) for all outbound shipments and return to Exhibitor Service Center or submit via Freeman Online.
- Review the logistics guide or watch our Ask Us Hour webinar for on-site tips and information.
- Hold a pre-show meeting with your team to review any show priorities and goals, rules/regulations, etc. ensuring all are informed and on the same page.
- If you hired labor, check-in at the Freeman Service Desk to be sure your work order is in process and confirm your tear-down labor while there.
- Label any boxes/containers you will need for tear-down BEFORE they’re taken to the warehouse and remove EVERY item needed – you won’t have access to them during the show.
- Before you leave check with the service desk and any vendors for all final invoices.
- Review the Promotion Marketing Toolkit, which will provide a suite of resources to promote your presence at the event and help drive traffic to your booth.
- After your booth is reserved, update your online listing, and consider upgrading your listing with a logo by selecting “Purchase Enhanced listing” in your exhibitor console.
- Secure space in the IEEE PES Grid Edge Conference & Exhibition Official Show Issue & Technical Program. Learn more.
- Consider becoming a show Supporter.