SHIPPING & MATERIAL HANDLING INFO
Exhibitor Resources > Service Vendors/Order Forms > Shipping & Material Handling Info
Shipping to the advance warehouse up to 30 days before move-in can save costs and ensure packages arrive in time for move-in.
How, Where, and When Do I Ship My Materials?
- Check out the weight of your exhibit. Lightweight designs save on shipping and drayage.
- Remove old shipping labels and attach clean labels with your company name and booth number clearly marked.
- Be sure to attach a rider to your insurance policy from the time your exhibit and product leave your possession until it is returned. Companies are responsible for their exhibit and product.
- Shrink-wrap all your cartons onto a skid to avoid any special handling charges. Be sure to securely pack and tape your boxes.
- Ship prepaid and keep an inventory and the PRO numbers of all your shipments.
- Alert Freeman if you are shipping less than you initially estimated. This will not only save you money, but also expedite the move-in process for you and other exhibitors.
- If delivering to the advance warehouse, confirm delivery with both Freeman and your shipping company.
- Make sure that all shipments are accompanied with a certified weight certificate.
So that your materials arrive directly at your booth, send shipments care of Freeman. There are two options, both incur material handling charges from Freeman.
- Advance Warehouse
- Direct to Show Site
Details and costs will be available in October 2023.
Shipping dates will be available October 2023.
Vendor details coming October 2023.
- To best ensure your items arrive on time, ship to the advance warehouse. Dates to come October 2023.
- Schedule your shipment to arrive between 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. (Drivers must check in by 4:30 PM) for freight receipt at the warehouse to avoid unnecessary surcharges. Penalties will be assessed if materials arrive before or after move-in dates/times.
- For on-site deliveries, expect at least a 3-hour wait for your materials to be unloaded from the time your truck checks in at the marshalling yard. For afternoon arrivals it is wise to order labor for the following day.
- If shipping direct to Anaheim Convention Center, schedule your labor for after your delivery time as freight may take several hours to be delivered to your booth. Freeman cannot guarantee what time your freight will be delivered to your booth on the day it arrives.
- Check-in to the marshalling yard on straight time. Check-in prior to 4:30 PM to ensure same day delivery.
- Make return shipping arrangements in advance.
- Prepare and pack labels for your outbound shipment prior to the show.
- Avoid forced shipments on the outbound. Contract only with carriers familiar with the tradeshow industry.
All outbound shipments through Freeman require:
- A Freeman Outbound Material Handling Form (coming October 2023).
- Return the form to the Freeman Service Desk once materials are packed and ready to be shipped.
- Forms due no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, 10 May.
- Save time, submit Online! Submit forms via Freeman Online (coming October 2023) and skip the Service Desk.
Material handling (drayage) is the service of receiving freight at either the advance warehouse or show site. This service includes the following:
- Acceptance of freight shipped to advance warehouse (freight acceptance dates coming October 2023).
- Storage of up to 30 days prior to move-in
- Delivery of freight to show site OR acceptance of freight delivered directly to show site
- Delivery of freight from dock to booth
- Pick up and storage of “empty” crates/boxes for duration of show
- Delivery of “empties” from storage back to booth for move-out
- Freight transferred from booth to dock for return shipment
- Loading of crates/boxes onto outgoing carrier
Will you be bringing your booth materials in a POV (Privately Owned Vehicle)? Freeman will provide Cart Service for those with POVs. What is considered a POV? Any cars, pick-ups, vans, trucks primarily designed for passenger use, not cargo or freight. Service details, POV schedules, qualifying vehicles, and more can be found here
For Freeman shipping questions contact Freeman ExhibitorSupport@Freeman.com
or call or text (888) 508-5054 Monday-Thursday 7:00 AM–7:00 PM Central or Friday 7:00 AM-5:00 PM Central. For all other exhibit questions contact the IEEE PES T&D Exhibits Team at email@example.com
or call us at (972) 521-9902.