HITEC® Exhibit Sales Priority Point Policies
As of December 2020
The Hospitality Industry Technology Exposition and Conference (HITEC), produced by HFTP, utilizes a Priority point system to manage Exhibit Sales for its HITEC North America events. Participating Exhibitors are given the opportunity to select space for the following year’s HITEC North America event based on their priority point status. Priority selection appointments are assigned first on order of priority status, then alphabetically within each point bracket. Upon completion of all scheduled priority appointments, any unsold space is available for sale on a first-come, first-served basis. The circumstances whereby an exhibiting firm can lose priority points are listed below.
- Priority points are determined by the number of years an organization has exhibited at HITEC North America.
- One (1) priority point is earned for every year exhibited at HITEC North America.
- Booth size is not considered in priority point accrual.
- Downsizing in booth size will not impact priority status.
1. Priority status may not be transferred to acquired or created subsidiaries if exhibiting as separate entities.
- The priority belonging to a firm which is purchased outright by another firm remains with the business entity.
- A firm that sells a division or branch of its company and stays in business retains that priority. The portion of the firm which was sold does not have priority.
- If a firm that is owned by a partnership dissolves the partnership, the partner who retains the original business entity will retain the priority. The partner who left will also retain the priority if he/she forms another company and exhibits at the next exposition.
- A firm that changes its name but does not change ownership retains the priority.
- One (1) priority point will be deducted from exhibiting firms who select exhibit space during Priority Selection but then cancel or reduce their exhibit space before the required deposit is due.
- One (1) priority point will be deducted from exhibiting firms who select exhibit space during Priority Selection and do not pay the required 50 percent deposit by the deadline date.
- Two (2) priority points will be deducted from exhibiting firms holding unapproved functions during exhibit hours and official conference activities.
- Two (2) priority points will be deducted in the event an exhibiting firm’s booth personnel is determined by Exposition Management to be disruptive or abusive to the extent that the person is required to leave the premises.
- All priority points accumulated priority points will be deducted from exhibiting firms who do not to exhibit under its name for two (2) consecutive years will lose all priority points.
- All accumulated priority points will be deducted from exhibiting firms who initiate breakdown or removal of exhibit material prior to the official close of the exposition.
- All accumulated priority points will be deducted from exhibiting firms who fail to exhibit in their booth (no-show).