SALEM, Ore., June 14, 2022 — Onity, a global leader in electronic access solutions, announces the introduction of connected capabilities for its small-form-factor Serene™ lock. Onity is part of Carrier Global Corporation (NYSE: CARR), the leading global provider of healthy, safe, sustainable, and intelligent building and cold chain solutions.
Launched last year, the all-in-one connected Serene lock uses a small form factor to combine both elegant design and leading-edge DirectKey™ mobile access technology. The Serene lock received the Best Hotel & In-Flight Guest Experience award at the SmartBrief Innovation Awards for the Business Traveler in 2021.
With connected capabilities, the Serene lock now delivers a set of features that enhance operational efficiency and customer experience, while providing preventative maintenance insights, including:
- Enhanced Front Desk Monitoring & Control
- Ability to monitor site battery levels from the front desk system, extending battery life.
- Live front desk alarms for forced door openings or when a door is held open. Remote lockdown access to a single door.
- Improved Maintenance Capabilities
- Remote time setting adjustments for daylight savings without visiting each lock.
- Lower staff costs, remote audits, and elimination of lock re-programming after battery replacement.
- Outstanding Guest Experience
- Seamless room moves or extended stays enable a more frictionless guest experience.
In addition to enhanced functionality, the connected version of the Serene lock also includes a sleek wall reader and repeater, all designed with luxury and aesthetics in mind. Onity’s OnPortal™ system is also upgraded to deliver a stronger user experience.
“Delivering connected capabilities for our customers underscores our commitment to bettering the experiences for both hotel staff and guests,” said Fayyad Sbaihat, President, Onity. “The Serene lock has always been elegantly designed both inside and out, and connectivity only furthers that story.”
Onity supports brands and businesses in hospitality, marine, student living, senior living, and commercial. Through DirectKey technology, Onity has unlocked doors over 100 million times in the past 5 years.
Learn more about Onity’s DirectKey technology, integrations solutions, and the Serene luxury lock, now with connected capabilities, on June 28-30 at HITEC booth #617 or visit www.onity.com.
Onity supports the hospitality, commercial, education, and military segments with a full spectrum of electronic locking, access control, and mobile key solutions. Since 1986, Onity has been a global leader in electronic access solutions, serving customers in more than 125 countries around the globe. Onity is a part of Carrier Global Corporation, the leading global provider of healthy, safe, sustainable, and intelligent building and cold chain solutions. For more information, visit onity.com.