603. Develop an Engaged Workforce: Resources for Recruitment, Retention and Leadership
Tuesday, August 03, 2021: 9:50 AM - 10:40 AM
Education Credits:Course Level: Intermediate; 1 Accounting CPEs (NASBA/RE); 1 Nursing CNEs contact hours
Home health and hospice leaders must be adept at attracting, engaging, and promoting talented employees. COVID-19, changing workforce demographics, and generational differences all present new challenges and opportunities for leaders. What are the best emerging resources and ideas for successful recruitment, effective employee engagement, and functional leadership development? This session will focus on what’s new since a pandemic forced large-scale remote work, what today’s talent seeks in an employer, and how to ensure smooth leadership transitions by planning for promotion from within.
Commercial support provided by Wellsky.
• Identify reliable benchmarks for home health and hospice employee turnover
• Outline recruitment/retention strategy updates based on generational differences in today’s workforce
• Discuss the COVID-19 effect on home health and hospice workplaces, and implications for future work environments and employee expectations
• Develop an evolving plan to mentor and promote new leaders from within the agency’s existing workforce