The Vintage Cosmetic Company: From a Beauty Brand Concept in London to Global Retail Success
The Vintage Cosmetic Company is a quirky British brand offering a range of high-quality beauty accessories with a unique, feminine personality that pays tribute to old Hollywood and the charm of the 1950s. Vintage encompasses affordability, efficacy and elegance, celebrating the beauty of modern women across the world and helping them to accentuate their best features even in their busy working lives.
In early 2011 friends Clare and Craig, Vintage Co-Founders, realised that the full skirts, the red lips, the perfectly sculpted brows and the wide eyes, which were so iconic to the 1950s, had become a lost art form. They believed the first and most important step to achieving wider looking, more glamorous eyes, was in wearing false lashes. After organising some market research - and with a thorough investigation into what was available on the High Street; they realised that the market was saturated with an endless choice of false lashes - BUT most of the strip lashes available were designed for ‘party looks’. As hard as they searched, they couldn’t find lashes that looked glamorous…but NATURAL… The Vintage Cosmetic Company was born!
Vintage launched their innovative and ridiculously wearable Strip Lashes in June that year and in eight years, the product line has rapidly expanded. This led to looking at other cosmetic accessory products and the unique Vintage style, flair and efficacy now crosses over seven distinctive categories. There are over 80 SKUs in the line-up; ranging from Make-up Brushes, hairbrushes and accessories, to Shower Caps. Of course, The Vintage Cosmetic Company False Strip Lashes are still the choice of make-up artists and celebrities’ everywhere.
This year Gail Bojarski and Ian Marshall joined the Vintage team as Shareholders. Ian and Gail initially met at the Estée Lauder Group and have been great friends and business partners ever since. They brought Benefit Cosmetics over to the UK from America in 1996 and in just over 20 years, they took Benefit from an unknown startup, to the UK’s Number One Premium Make-up brand. They also took benefit to Ireland and Mainland Europe, where the brand continues to grow exponentially.
“Having built benefit to be the UK’s Number 1 brand, we now want to find exciting up and coming beauty brands with personality and a real point of difference.” Gail says…
“The excitement for us is in discovering niche brands we feel have real potential – and then using our experience and knowledge to help them deliver that potential. The Vintage Cosmetic Company is just such a brand.” Ian adds.
The future of Vintage is ever evolving and growing - but the ethos of The Vintage Cosmetic Company will always be the same: Producing professional products in beautiful packaging, selling a premium brand at an affordable price and making beauty routines straightforward for everyone.
The Vintage Cosmetic Company at a Glance:
- Seven product categories: False Lashes, Accessories, Beauty Tools, Gift Sets, Hair Collection, Make-up Brushes and Bathing & Body.
- Over 80 SKUs in the market
- Sold in multiple retailers across four continents including: UK, Europe, U.S.A., Canada, Australia, The U.A.E., India, Pakistan, Korea, Hong Kong & Macau.
- Large consumer demographic:Gender = Women | Age = 18 – 44 | Location = Global Consumer
Successful Retailer Case Studies:
We have retailers in over 10 countries across the globe from the UK to Australia. Most notably we secured two large contracts in 2015 with Ulta Beauty in the US and Boots International in the U.A.E. and Korea.
- We launched with Ulta Beauty in 1,100 stores across the US and online at ulta.com in August 2015.
- In less than three years we have grown our product line from three SKUs to 11.
- From our customer reviews on ulta.com, we found 83.5% - would recommend to a friend and our overall rating was 4.3 out of 5.
- We have two exclusive products with Ulta Beauty: Our Belle Make-up Headband and most recently our Bunny Twist Make-up Headband, which launched in March 2018. (Pictured below)
- We launched with Boots International in 126 stores in the Middle East in October 2015.
- In less than three years we have grown our product line from 15 SKUs to 54 in the Middle East and have a planned launch in of 21 SKUs into Boots Korea this year.
- In a review Boots International have said: ‘The Vintage Cosmetic Company is among the fastest growing brands within the beauty accessories portfolio. It’s the 4thbiggest brand.’
For more press releases head over to: Cosmetics Business or Drug Store News