PA HARDWOOD DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL: PENNSYLVANIA WOODMOBILE  

HARRISBURG,  PA 
United States
http://www.agriculture.pa.gov
  • Booth: W11100


Serving Pennsylvania's Forest & Forest Products Industry

Profile

The Pennsylvania WoodMobile is a traveling exhibit that provides information on the state’s forest resource and the state’s forest products industry. Keeping Pennsylvania Growing means managing the abundant forest resources located within the state's borders.  The Pennsylvania Hardwoods Development Council is responsible for the development, expansion and promotion of the hardwoods industry in Pennsylvania.  As the number one state for hardwoods production, the Council plays an important role in promoting Pennsylvania's forests and wood products.


 Products

  • Pennsylvania Hardwood Species
    Pennsylvania Hardwoods Lead the Nation
    #1 State in Volume of Hardwood Growing Stock
    #1 State in the Production of Hardwood Lumber
    #1 State in the Export of Hardwood Lumber and Wood Products...

  • Pennsylvania's forests grow some of the most valuable hardwoods in the world. Hardwood trees lose their leaves each autumn. The wood of these trees is generally hard and dense, but there are exceptions. About 90 percent of all the trees in Pennsylvania's forests are hardwoods. The remaining 10 percent are softwoods. We commonly refer to softwoods as "evergreens," "conifers," or even just "pine trees" (though they are not all pines!).

-Visit the Live Interactive Floorplan to view booths and additional resources submitted from various Program Contributors, Equipment Demo, and Tours are linked from the map areas. View the website for our Food Vendors from their site on the map.

-Visit the Exhibitor List to view all Commercial Vendors, Non-Profit Associations, and Organizations hosting booths supporting the show this year.

For Technical Support with this webpage, please contact support.