Through a global pandemic with unprecedented challenges for an industry deemed essential, the Pennsylvania Dairy Future Commission has completed its mission to review and make recommendations to promote and strengthen the commonwealth’s dairy industry. Last week, the Commission’s recommendations were released to leaders in the Pennsylvania General Assembly and the dairy industry in the form of action items that can be championed and implemented over the next few years.
Join our webinar on August 12 from 12-1:15 p.m. to learn more about these recommendations. You'll hear from members of the Dairy Future Commission and PA Secretary of Agriculture Russell Redding who plan to share the 54 recommendations they have given to legislature on behalf of the dairy industry. Originally intended to be discussed during the Dairy Industry Breakfast at Ag Progress Days, the event has been converted to a virtual webinar format and will be hosted by the Center for Dairy Excellence and Penn State Extension.
The webinar is free, but advanced registration is required. Register online today!
In addition to the webinar, here's how you can get involved in making the Dairy Future Commission recommendations come to life:
- Read the full report, which includes 54 recommendations from the Commission.
- View an interactive dashboard that will track progress on these recommendations. Updates can be submitted by any stakeholder who knows of action taken on a recommendation.
- Download a communications toolkit to assist producers and other dairy stakeholders in sending a personalized cover letter, a one-page overview, and the full report to their elected representatives.
- Register for a free webinar on August 12 from 12-1:15 p.m. Chairs of the Commission, along with PA Secretary of Agriculture Russell Redding, will discuss the recommendations and process. More details below.
- Email questions or comments about the recommendations or report contents to RA-AgDairyFuture@pa.gov.