Rainprotection Inability to Attend Exhibitor Cancellation Insurance
Terms & Conditions
Pittcon now offers an optional insurance policy through Rainprotection Insurance that will refund you 96% of all covered Pittcon purchases if you are unable to attend the event for a covered reason outside of your control. You are covered from the moment you make a purchase until the start of the event. The refund does not include the cost of the insurance.
Purchases covered: Booth Space, Seminar Rooms, Pittcon Booth Packages, Meeting Space, Live Demos, Lab Gauntlet, Constant Contact Rooms, eligible Pittcon Sponsorships (some sponsorships excluded, please see Pittcon Sponsorship Refund Policy)
Purchases not covered: a2z Digital Promotional Packages, GES Services, Experient Lead Retrieval, or any other vendor services.
- a2z Digital Promotional Packages include: Digital Promotional Package A, Digital Promotional Package B, Digital Promotional Package C, Floor Plan Banner Ad, Floor Plan Logo, Exclusive Exhibitor List Sponsorship, Exclusive Online Floor Plan Sponsorship.
- Please see the vendor’s cancellation/refund policy associated with these purchases.
Reduction of booths: The reduction of booths is not covered under the Inability to Attend Cancellation Insurance. The Pittcon 2021 Refund Policy will apply to all booth reductions.
This insurance coverage starts: The moment you pay for your coverage
This insurance coverage ends: Upon the show opening on the first day of the event (March 06, 2021)
The insurance fee is non-refundable after opting in.
What is covered:
It is the exhibiting "company" that is insured, not individual staff. So in order for an exhibiting company to be refunded under the program, the exhibiting company would need to be unable to attend the event and so they are unable to man their booth.
1) The death, injury, or illness happening to the attendee or exhibitor, a member of their immediate family who is under the age of 70, or any person(s) in the group due to attend the event with the attendee or exhibitor;
2) Adverse weather including snow, frost, fog or storm where the Police service or other local Government agency have issued warning not to travel;
3) Mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft in route of a private vehicle taking the attendee or exhibitor to this event;
4) Jury Duty which the attendee or exhibitor was unaware of at the time of registration;
5) The attendee or exhibitor being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness which they were unaware of at the time of registration;
6) Burglary or fire at the residence of the attendee or exhibitor in the forty-eight (48) hours immediately before this event that required attendance of the emergency services;
7) The attendee or exhibitor being a member of the armed forces and being posted overseas unexpectedly;
8) Unexpected disruption of the public transport networks the attendee or exhibitor could not have reasonably known about before the date or time of this event;
9) The attendee or exhibitor being relocated for work more than one hundred (100) miles from the booked event which they were unaware of at the time of booking, or they are unexpectedly terminated from their job.
How Will I Be Billed?
Once you opt-in,the Expo Coordinator will create an order on your account for 4% of your Pittcon 2021 order total (minus any a2z Digital Promotion Packages) and will email you an invoice to pay. You may pay this balance by credit card by logging into your Exhibitor Console and clicking My Account or by sending us a check or International Money Order.
INABILITY TO ATTEND INSURANCE PAYMENT INFORMATION - EXHIBITORS ONLY:
Payment may be paid in one of the following ways:
1. Via check, which is drawn on a U.S. bank in U.S. funds, made payable to The Pittsburgh Conference
2. Via credit card - (Visa, MasterCard, American Express). Payment can be made directly on the Exhibitor Console.
3. An International Money Order
4. If you have already signed up and paid for Pittcon 2021, Wire Transfers are NOT accepted as payment for Rainprotection Inability to Attend Insurance or Rainprotection Liability Insurance
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO:
THE PITTSBURGH CONFERENCE (E.I.N. #25-1141360)
300 Penn Center Blvd, STE 332
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
How to Submit a Claim
To request a refund, please go to claims website: rainprotectionrefunds.com
You will be asked to enter some information and provide a few supporting documents.
Your refund will then be issued.
Pittcon 2021 Refund Policy
If you choose NOT to opt-in to the Inability to Attend Insurance, the Pittcon 2021 Refund Policy will apply to your eligible purchases.
The refund policy of the Pittsburgh Conference is as follows for booth space and seminar room cancellation / reduction:
75% Refund – Must be received in writing by September 30, 2020
50% Refund – Must be received in writing by October 01, 2020 thru November 30, 2020
25% Refund – Must be received in writing by December 01, 2020 thru January 15, 2021
No refunds will be made after January 15, 2021.
COVID-19 Refund Policy - Click here
For questions about Rainprotection Inability to Attend Insurance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800)528-7975