Key Considerations When Purchasing a New LIMS or Upgrading an Existing System
Monday, March 08, 2021: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Laboratories often get in the habit of continuing to do things the way that they always have, due to inertia or the fear of implementing a new system. In this presentation we will discuss when it is time for a new LIMS. Either how to determine when you should either optimize or upgrade your current LIMS or what you should consider when thinking about buying your first LIMS. We will walk through the process to identify key shortcomings in the current system and how to maximize Return on Investment (ROI) by either optimizing or upgrading your current LIMS, while ensuring that key quality and regulatory requirements are met.
Topics Covered During the Presentation
• Review Key Indicators That Justify the Change in LIMS
• Techniques to Evaluate Your Current LIMS and Processes (GAP Analysis, Optimization Assessment, Needs Assessment)
• The importance of; Requirements gathering, Vendor checklist, Initial Demo, Implementation plan, purchasing process, on going support.
• How to decide when it is time to buy your first LIMS
• How to Decide Between LIMS Optimization vs. Upgrade
Keywords: Please select up to 4 keywords ONLY:
Data Analysis and Manipulation,Quality,Data Management,Electronic Laboratory