Lab Automation Today: Five Key Trends Impacting Your Laboratory Now
Monday, March 08, 2021: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Regardless of what type of laboratory is being evaluated, there are five (5) key trends that have been on the rise and known to be negatively impacting laboratories unless they are proactively addressing these challenges:
• The demand for laboratory data from other departments and external parties continues to grow
• Organizations are inefficiently managing multiple data locations
• Resource workload continues to outpace resource capacity
• Increase in quality issues have triggered an increase in Corrective Actions and Preventative Actions (CAPA)
• Unforeseen scenarios like COVID-19 have resulting in laboratories being unprepared to changes in staffing, work schedules and ability to maintain productivity when working remotely.
All of these trends cost time, lead to errors, overwhelm current resources and capacity, and involves management of multiple systems which leads to confusion/miscommunication and challenges data integrity. This presentation will focus on the role a Laboratory Information Management System and complementary laboratory automation tools can play in efficiently managing many of the critical tasks performed on a daily basis in the lab. We will also talk about the prime opportunity to streamline laboratory operations through automation and see a significant decrease in quality issues related to the testing process from login to disposal.
Keywords: Please select up to 4 keywords ONLY:
Data Analysis and Manipulation,Quality,Data Management,Electronic Laboratory