Major uses of Sodium Molybdate are as follows:
1) Industrial water treatment: Used as a metal corrosion inhibitor, descaling agent and bleaching agent.
2) Fertilizer and Micronutrients: Correcting molybdenum deficiencies in soil to help increase crop yield and land productivity.
3) Pigments and Inks: It is used as a catalyst to manufacture printing inks and pigments. Major application is for manufacturing of Molybdenum Red/Orange pigment.
4) Flame Retardant: It is used to add flame retardant property in plastics and used in manufacturing of smoke suppressants and fire detection systems.
5) Anti-Freeze agents: As an anti-freeze additive for Coolants & Grease for automobiles
6) Animal and Poultry feed: It is used as a feed additive for animal and poultry feed products. Palvi is the only Indian company that has FSSAI, Halal and Kosher licenses for sale into feed applications.