APHA Aging & Public Health Section
The mission of the Aging & Public Health Section of APHA is to promote the health and well-being of individuals as they age by improving their health, functioning, quality of life, and financial security.
In its 42nd year, the section has more than 1200 members, and Section members have been recognized by APHA for both outstanding scholarship and outstanding leadership, both within APHA and in the larger academic community. The Section’s membership represents professionals from a variety of fields, including educational institutions, private industry, non-profit organizations, and governmental agencies. Collectively, our work focuses on all aging-related issues that occur across the lifespan.
We welcome all new members whose work or interests relate to aging in some way. Check out our website and follow us on Twitter. If you are interested in learning more about the Section and ways to get involved, send us a note on the form below and someone will reach out to you after the annual meeting.
If you are in Denver, stop by our table in the "Everything APHA" section of the Expo Hall. We will be there on Sunday, Monday from 2-4pm local time and Tuesday from 1:30-2:30pm local time. Come get your APH Section branded swag!
Be sure to check out our full program of virtual and in-person events.
Hightlights from the program
- Virtual Social Hour: Not your run-of-the-mill virtual social. There will be contests, raffle prizes, auctions, and lots of funs.
- Awards Ceremony: We are proud of our extensive and robust awards portfolio which recognizes students and professionals at every career stage. Join us as we recognize our award winners including the winners of this year's Philip G. Weiler Award for Leadership in Aging and Public Helath and Steven P. Wallace Lifetime Acheivement Award.
- Business Meeting: All are welcome. Come meet Section leaders and learn about the ins and outs of our Section.
Msg #4365: Videos
Welcome message from the Chair
Msg #4366: Show Specials
Thanks for stopping by our virtual booth! Enter to win APH Section branded luggage tags and card holders.
Multiple ways to enter:
- Fill out this form: https://tinyurl.com/pkk8f89s
- Favorite this virtual booth (click on the star at the top of the page)
- Follow us on Twitter and/or LinkedIn
- Share a tweet or post using #APHA2021APH
The following rules and restrictions apply:
(Limited to Twitter and LinkedIn entries)
- Single entry per attendee, use one platform please
- Winners will be contacted through used social media platform for shipping details
Thank you for participating!
Msg #4368: Products