Enjoy APHA 2021! We hope to meet you virtually!
Map Data For Better Health Outcomes & Health Equity
PolicyMap is an online mapping tool for accessing and sharing crucial data about communities across all geographic levels, from neighborhood to metro area to state. We believe health data should be accessible and actionable for students, researchers, governments, and industry.
Start mapping now.
Turn Data Into Decisions
Public health researchers at universities, non-profits, health systems, and health departments need place-based data to better understand their communities and make informed decisions. Healthcare customers use PolicyMap to evaluate trends, access benchmarks, and target interventions designed to improve health outcomes and health equity. Our data comes from hundreds of authoritative sources, like the Census, BLS, CDC, HUD, and the IRS, exclusive and proprietary sources, and our own expert data analysts.
The Web’s Largest Geographic Data Warehouse
Access and/or license our data on social determinants of health, health outcomes, housing, and environmental conditions, and more. Our exclusive data at the census tract and zip code geographic level allows users to gain insights into specific neighborhoods that aren't possible with county-level data alone. We have over 40,000 regularly updated indicators, notably exclusive health conditions and socio-economic factors.
New Data Released This Fall
- The Census 2020 decennial data includes a subset of variables such as total population, race, group quarters, and total housing units.
- The Area Deprivation Index from the University of Wisconsin. Higher ADI scores have been shown to correlate with worse health outcomes in measures such as life expectancy.
- COVID-19 K-12 Learning Mode: the estimated percentages of students in each county offered in-person only, virtual only, hybrid, or undecided learning modes. Read more.
- Health Professional Shortage Areas added. Read more.
- To examine the impact of COVID-19 on the economy, we’ve added PPP (the Paycheck Protection Program), 7(a), and 504 loan recipients data.
- Data on parks and areas underserved by parks from the Trust for Public Land will soon be available on PolicyMap.
Key Performance Indicators
The true impact of PolicyMap is measured by the work of our incredible partners:
Health Organizations & Non Profits:
- Discover how New Jersey Health Initiatives uses PolicyMap to better identify and address factors that influence health
- See how New York’s largest healthcare provider, Northwell Health, using PolicyMap to better understand the communities they serve and better connect individuals with health equity resources
Major News Organizations:
- Read how The New York Times worked with us to create an index of COVID-19 health risk based on our exclusive chronic health conditions data
- Learn about how The Washington Post used our data to analyze how COVID-19 magnifies existing health disparities on communities of color
Msg #4365: Videos
The New PolicyMap Quick Start