HealthDataViz (HDV) is a data visualization and health information communication firm specializing in transforming health and healthcare data and information into compelling dashboards, reports, and infographics, which move people to take action and inform research and public knowledge. HDV is also expert at developing and delivering educational programs on the use and display of health and healthcare data.
Visualization Design and Development: Much of the work we do involves large government and clinical, financial, and operational health and healthcare data sets including the publicly available data on data.gov, billions of rows of clinical data from electronic health records and healthcare claims data, transactional data that must be extracted, transformed and loaded into data marts such as hospital operating room data and purchased data sets for conducting research and market analysis. Clients span federal, state and local governments, providers, payers and public health organizations. We use several visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, SAS Visual Analytics, and Qlik.
Prior work, which demonstrates HDV’s depth of expertise and value includes:
- Redesigning, developing and deploying New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s public facing EpiQuery and Community Health Profiles data exploration and dissemination tools.
- Working as a CMS subcontractor HDV provided technical support to state Medicaid agencies about data analytics and visualization by assisting in the development of analytics tool kits, development and delivery of learning webinars on data visualization best practices and dashboard development, and customized Tableau training programs and webinars.
- Designing public health visualizations for Colorado Department of Health and Environment for their HIV- PreP program
- Providing a comprehensive Tableau implementation and training engagement at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) which delivered fully designed and developed high-impact high-priority patient safety and quality dashboards and associated drill down reports, concurrent with training the MGH staff on Tableau and data visualization.
Training Programs & Workshops Our Books & Blog
HealthDataViz Data Visualization Experts
Enter our raffle for a chance to win our three books!!
- Tableau for Healthcare, Fourth Edition
- Visualizing Health and Healthcare Data
- The Best Boring Book Ever of Select Healthcare Classification Systems and Databases