Univ of Iowa College of Public Health
Welcome to the University of Iowa College of Public Health!
The University of Iowa College of Public Health (CPH) is part of a major research university and serves as a comprehensive public health resource for the state of Iowa, the Midwest region, and the nation. The college offers training leading to bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees as well as combined degree options. A wide array of programs allows students to pursue a degree that suits their strengths and interests.
The College of Public Health is a national leader in its multidisciplinary, collaborative approach to addressing public health challenges and training the next generation of public health leaders, educators, and researchers.
• Iowa is ranked among the nation’s top 20 public health schools and programs by U.S. News and World Report. The college’s Master of Health Administration program is ranked No. 8 among health care management programs nationwide.
• The college is fully accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) and is Iowa’s only accredited school of public health.
• CPH faculty are recognized by their peers as leading scholars and experts in their disciplines. Faculty are members and fellows in many organizations, including the National Academy of Medicine, American College of Healthcare Executives, and American Statistical Association.
• The CPH offers a world-class education with a personal touch, including small class sizes, hands-on learning experiences, active student organizations, and a commitment to inter- professional education.
• The CPH offers academic excellence at an affordable price. A variety of financial assistance, in the form of fellowships, scholarships, traineeships, and teaching and research assistantships, is available.
• The University of Iowa is named a “Best Buy” in the 2021 Fiske Guide to Colleges—one of only 10 public universities on the list.
Experiential Learning: Student Contact Tracers