Ultracapacitor-based energy storage solutions have significantly enhanced reliability in electric pitch control systems. Ultracapacitors, unlike batteries, have the ability to deliver quick bursts of power in a short time frame, an ideal function for emergency pitching in a wind turbine generator (WTG).
The ULTRA3000® PEM is a direct one-for-one replacement for the GE Batteries and chargers and can be installed with no modifications to the battery box. Our PEM communicates directly with the GE controller and reports all necessary diagnostics.
We have designed our PEM with owners and installers alike in mind, by eliminating the need for modifications of the wiring harness, installation of additional brackets, or the need to relocate existing components. This greatly reduces installation time, reducing labor costs, and decreasing downtime.
With over 1 million charge-discharge cycles, our Ultracapacitor Pitch Energy Modules can provide 15 plus years of reliable operation without maintenance.
• Estimated lifetime of 15+ years
• Drop-in replacement for batteries on 20 and 30 Nm pitch systems
• Wide operating temperature from -40 to 65°C
• No hazardous chemicals
• No modifications to existing battery box or harness
• Improved turbine reliability
• No loss of batteries or power supplies due to motor regeneration
• Reduced O&M cost