The expert in end-to-end powering solutions for enterprise.
Passive Optical Lan (POL) is a point-to-multipoint network architecture where voice, video and data services are transported at gigabit speeds via single optical fiber to serve multiple users. Alpha Technologies’ POL Line Power solutions are reliable, field proven options for remote network powering for enterprises that have reached the limits of bandwidth capacity in their copper-based LAN architecture.
Alpha Technologies and its partners have contributed significant powering innovations for the Passive Optical LAN industry that have resulted in more elegant remote 48V DC powering solutions for the ONTs that are faster to install, more secure in a classroom environment and have better aesthetics. Alpha Technologies is a member of the Association for Passive Optical LAN (APOLAN).
Key Benefits of Passive Optical LAN
- Significant savings in CapEx and OpEx costs
- Future-proof of the infrastructure so only the endpoints need upgrading
- No active electronics between the data center and end user for many miles
- Ultra-secure, highly reliable with Five-9’s of availability
- Reduction in installation time, cabling costs, floor space, power consumption & HVAC requirements
For more info: www.alpha.ca/pol
Brands: Cordex HP