The danger of electrical shock and galvanic corrosion are greatly increased whenever 120V or 240V AC shore power is connected to a ship’s electrical system. The function of the La Marche Marine Isolation Transformer is to reduce the potential between the ship and the shore in order to achieve:
- Personnel boarding the ship, personnel aboard the ship and the ship’s metal parts will not be subject to electrical shock
- Electrolysis corrosion of the metal hull or hull fastenings will be reduced to a safe level
- Reduce EMI Interference and static from affecting the ship’s electronic component
The La Marche Marine Isolation Transformer features a Ground (Faraday) Shield between the power windings. This ground shield, when connected to the shore ground, provides protection against capacitive coupling between the shore power and the boat’s electrical systems. This protects the boat electrical equipment against shore power issues, common mode voltage spikes, and the transfer of harmful energy between both systems.
Reliable, Long Life - The ITSM is conservatively designed for continuous operation in harsh marine conditions inside an engine room environment. Trouble Free - Silent convection cooling eliminates the need for noisy fans and filter maintenance. There are not external controls or adjustments.
Specifications and Ratings
- Earth Ground and Ship Ground Galvanic Isolation
- Ground (Faraday) Shield
- Water - Tight Cables Entry
- Harsh Environment Tropicalization (Glyptol Dip)
- NEMA 3R Robust Enclosure Design
- Same as ITS Series