The J.D. Neuhaus Group is the world’s leading manufacturer of pneumatic & hydraulic hoists, overhead cranes, and lifting system solutions. Founded in 1745, the family-owned company is headquartered in Witten, Germany with subsidiaries in Baltimore (USA), Aberdeen (UK), Lyon (France), and Singapore, serving customers in over 90 countries.
The shipyard and maritime industry is characterized by the need to complete more work, with less manpower, while remaining on or ahead of schedule and under budget. In addition to the safety aspect, robustness and reliability of the lifting equipment plays a very important role in moving heavy and large loads with complex rigging arrangements often with millimeter precision. With capacities ranging from 1/8th to over 100 metric tons – J.D. Neuhaus has the range and expertise to provide the best solution for your application.
Common applications include:
• Mounting and dismantling of propellers (even underwater), rudder blades and shafts
• Mounting of motors and other ship components
• Transporting of hatch way covers
• Ship extensions: pulling and fixing of hull sections for welding
• Maintenance and repair cranes within the engine room, generators
• Munitions handling
• On deck lifting equipment
J.D. Neuhaus has years of experience with thousands of hoist systems supplied to the shipyard and maritime industry. Their versatility of use, reliability, and long-term durability have been proven by many of the largest commercial and defense operators around the world.