Regulations and desired efficiency gains are driving customers to invest in solutions to reduce or eliminate emissions. Different vessel types have different needs. Whichever existing or future decarbonization strategy shipowners opt for, ABB has the technologies to support more sustainable operations and compliance with environmental regulations. This covers the full scope including vessels operating with combustion engines and various fuel solutions, and/or electric propulsion, and/or hybrid solutions or fully electric solutions.
As one of the world’s leading enablers of sustainable transportation, ABB is committed to supporting the shipping industry’s low carbon future through pioneering technologies and solutions that help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
ABB helps shipowners around the world optimize engine efficiency and operational efficiency on board vessels.
- 700,000 tons of fuel saved in the cruise sector due to the selection of Azipod® electric propulsion.
- Up to 20% cut in fuel consumption with ABB’s Azipod® electric propulsion.
- 0 emission operation with stored energy solutions.
- 98% greenhouse gas emissions eliminated with ABB’s shore-to-ship technology.
- 450 vessels improve safety and efficiency of their operation with ABB Ability™ Marine Advisory System – OCTOPUS.
- Up to 3 tons of fuel savings per day per vessel with Tekomar XPERT 3.0