With over 25 years of extensive field experience worldwide, On Site Alignment is the expert when it comes to any alignment problem. The correct alignment of all elements of a propulsion system is vital. Preventing a breakdown of machinery is always the better option.
There are many ways to measure. For us, however, there is only one way: the right way, where we use different high-quality techniques for different applications. On Site Alignment knows and uses all known techniques.
• Feeler gauges, rulers and dial indicators are used when shaft rotation is difficult or non-existent.
• Laser equipment is used for rotating equipment, line bore and geometric measurements.
• We use electronic measurement of bearing reaction forces for accessible stern tube bearings, shaft support bearings, gearbox bearings and main engine bearings.
• Wireless torque measurement is used for measuring shaft power.
• (Wireless) strain gauge bending stress measurement is used to calculate bearing load and offset, the jack load and gap and sag values in propeller shafts and high speed shafts.
We determine the best option in close partnership with our customers.