Saskatchewan Seniors Mechanism
Welcome to SSM (Saskatchewan Seniors Mechanism)
SSM's vision is Quality life for all older adults in Saskatchewan.
Along with our 18 Member Organizations, we are the provincial voice of older adults.
SSM works on a variety of projects, activities and advocacy on seniors’ issues. A current focus area is our Home Supports Initiative.
SSM is providing leadership and advocacy to make Home Supports a reality, seeking to work collaboratively with provincial and municipal governments.
Practical home supports are needed to allow older adults to age well in their own homes and communities. Home supports need to include:
1. Practical supports such as assistance with:
- Pet care
- Yard care Minor home renovations
- Services to address particular medical and/or personal care needs
- Consistent, trusted home care workers
2. Expanded in-home services to cover diverse health needs such as:
- Education on managing conditions
- Wound care
- Help with specific continuing health issues
Research and real-life examples confirm that if older adults staying in their own homes costly roughly 1/3 the cost of long-term care.
Brands: Age-Friendly SK, Ageism Awareness, Celebrating Seniors awards, Gray Matters magazine