West Chester, OH (June 24, 2020) – Contech Engineered Solutions released the latest version of its industry-leading Design Your Own Detention System tool, an online program for designing stormwater detention and infiltration systems constructed with Contech corrugated metal pipe (CMP). The newest release provides engineers unparalleled flexibility in the layout and configuration of underground detention systems. The free tool is available at www.conteches.com/dyods.
The release includes new functionality previously unavailable in a web-based stormwater design tool:
• A 2D/3D design environment with high-resolution graphics including BIM model output
• The ability to design to storage requirement or maximize storage given current footprint options
• The ability to import a PDF site plan, design a system over a plan, and view the plan overlay in 2D
• Flexibility to design non-rectangular systems, variable diameter systems, and systems that include both solid and perforated pipe
• The ability to measure point-to-point and scale your system true to size
• Instant access to customized, project-specific drawings, and CAD files
There is also an improved project management interface and communication tools to enable better project collaboration and communication with Contech Stormwater Design Engineers.
“Engineers continue to embrace Contech’s online design tools, as evidenced by the sheer volume of designs our tools process each month,” said Rob Chapman, Stormwater Detention Product Manager at Contech. “Our goal is to meet this demand by continually adding capabilities to our tools that break new ground and help engineers accelerate the design process. We feel we have done just that in the new release.”
About Contech Engineered Solutions LLC
As a leading provider of site solution products and services for the civil engineering industry, the Contech portfolio offering includes bridges, drainage, retaining walls, sanitary sewer, stormwater, erosion control, and soil stabilization products. To contact one of Contech's 50 offices or 300 sales and product professionals nationwide, visit www.ContechES.com or call 800-338-1122.