Sample of Harris County Department of Education divisions -
- Adult Education:
- Adult Education offers working adults the opportunity to gain the skills needed to take advantage of better job opportunities or move into higher education.
- The Center for Safe and Secure Schools:
- Harris County Department of Education’s Center for Safe and Secure Schools (CSSS) was established in 1999 at the request of school superintendents to advance safe and secure environments for learning and teaching. CSSS partners with federal, state and local entities to take the lead in the development of increased safety and security strategies, standards and best practices for K-12 school environments for both students and educators.
- Choice Partners National Purchasing Co-op:
- Choice Partners national cooperative offers quality, legal procurement and contract solutions to meet the purchasing needs of school districts and other governmental entities.
- Fortis Academy:
- The innovative Fortis Academy is the first public recovery high school for students who live in the Houston area. The school which opened in 2018 combines coaching, counseling and academics.
- Head Start is an educational program providing students and their families the skills they need to be ready for the demands of school. HCDE Head Start works with income-eligible students and students with special needs residing in east and northeast Harris County and helps these students achieve.
- Records Management:
- Records Management Services assists the State of Texas educational and governmental agencies with maintenance and compliance with the State of Texas Local Governmental Records Act of 1989.
- Therapy Services:
- Therapy Services supports children with disabilities and their families in the areas of occupational therapy, physical therapy and music therapy.