InsulFoam Flute-Fill (FL)
Flute Fill Insulation for Metal Decks
InsulFoam FL (Flute-Fill) is a custom-made, engineered insulation consisting of a superior closed-cell, lightweight expanded polystyrene (EPS). InsulFoam FL is cut from the same high-quality EPS as our flat Insulfoam roof products and, upon request, will be manufactured to meet or exceed the requirements of ASTM C578, Standard Specification for Rigid, Cellular Polystyrene Thermal Insulation.
InsulFoam FL is specifically manufactured for use over standing seam metal roof systems that are to be re-covered with new roof systems. InsulFoam FL can be taper-cut or square-cut to fit in the bottom of the metal roof system’s flutes. InsulFoam FL can also be profile-cut to match the shape of the existing metal roof. Consult local building codes and the new roof system manufacturer for system requirements.
- Versatile. InsulFoam FL can be manufactured in a range of sizes, densities, thicknesses and profiles to meet any jobspecific needs.
- Cost Effective. InsulFoam FL reduces concerns with flute spanability and minimizes the need for additional insulation. Minimizing the use of insulation above the flutes also reduces the possible need to raise curbs and other rooftop units.
- Environmentally Friendly. It does not contain any ozonedepleting blowing agents, may contain recycled material, and is 100% recyclable if ever removed or replaced.
- Stable R-value. The product’s thermal properties will remain stable over its entire service life. There is no thermal drift, so the product is eligible for an Insulfoam 20-year thermal performance warranty.
- Proven Performance. EPS has been manufactured using the same chemistry since the mid-1950s, providing proven performance.
- Water Resistance. InsulFoam FL does not readily absorb moisture from the environment. Sizes InsulFoam FL is custom-manufactured for each specific application, and is readily available in a variety of lengths, widths and shapes to meet virtually any job condition.