HITEC® Exhibit Sales Priority Point Policies
As of May 2022 (Updated October 2022)
The Hospitality Industry Technology Exposition and Conference (HITEC), produced by HFTP, utilizes a Priority point system to manage Exhibit Sales for its HITEC North America events. Participating Exhibitors are given the opportunity to select space for the following year’s HITEC North America event based on their priority point status. Priority selection appointments are assigned first on order of priority status, then alphabetically within each point bracket. Priority Selection Appointment companies may select one booth at their appointment date/time based on their priority point status. Upon completion of all scheduled priority appointments, any unsold space is available for sale on a first-come, first-served basis. The circumstances whereby an exhibiting firm can accrue or lose priority points are listed below.
- Priority points are determined by the number of years an organization has exhibited at HITEC North America.
- One (1) priority point is earned for every year exhibited at HITEC North America.
- Booth size is not considered in priority point accrual.
- Priority status may not be transferred to acquired or created subsidiaries if exhibiting as separate entities.
- Companies merged under a Priority Selection company may later select a booth and exhibit separately under a merged company’s name once Priority Selection Appointments have ended during Priority Sales and prior to General Booth sales.
- The priority belonging to a firm which is purchased outright by another firm remains with the business entity.
- A firm that sells a division or branch of its company and stays in business retains that priority. The portion of the firm which was sold does not have priority.
- If a firm that is owned by a partnership dissolves the partnership, the partner who retains the original business entity will retain the priority. The partner who left will also retain the priority if he/she forms another company and exhibits at the next exposition.
- A firm that changes its name but does not change ownership retains the priority.
- One (1) priority point will be deducted from exhibiting firms who select exhibit space during Priority Selection but then cancel or reduce their exhibit space.
- All priority points accumulated will be deducted from exhibiting firms who do not exhibit under its name for two (2) consecutive years.
- All accumulated priority points will be deducted from exhibiting firms who initiate breakdown or removal of exhibit material prior to the official close of the exposition.
- All accumulated priority points will be deducted from exhibiting firms who fail to exhibit in their booth (no-show). Written notice of cancellation/withdrawal from the show must be sent to HFTP prior to HITEC exhibitor move-in date, to not be considered a no-show.